Monday, November 20, 2006

PICT Logic

If there is one organisation in Parliament that will cause every single person stress it has to be our friends in the Parliamentary Information and Communications Technology Department (commonly known as PICT). Their inablility to solve the most basic computer problem defies belief, however, they have surpassed themselves just now. Lord Lucan's parliamentary outlook programme (the one that sends emails) went down just as he was to send an urgent email. As you do you ring the PICT helpdesk and after ten minutes of listening to Handel I finally got through to the engineer who informed me that this is affecting a number of people throughout the Palace but not to worry as they are about to send an email out informing people of this. Er...so you are going to send an email telling people their email isn't working. How are they going to read it? Oh, that's a point the chap at the other end of the phone tells me. PICT, bringing IT into the 16th century.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear that after I cease being a researcher I should set up a competing Helpdesk service - it isn't hard to know more than the average PICT staffer. The only thing they have going for them is a list of admin passwords...

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say I have never had to wait to get through to them or had any problems with them being able to fix things.
Bloggers 2 - 1 PICT Service Desk

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home