Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Number 1 - Grease

Firstly, apologies to Pookie, who pleaded that this not be number 1 but I'd decided what was going to get the top spot before you begged and Grease got it and no amount of groveling was going to change that. So, John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John hit the top of the chart with what is an amazing musical. The transportation back to the 1950s American High School makes me always want to be a pupil of Rydell High everytime I watch this. I sing along to the songs and have been known to do the odd Grease number at a karaoke. Intrestingly, this film was produced by Robert Stigwood who also made the BeeGees the band they are and now lives on the Isle of Wight. Great songs included in this musical are Summer Nights, Grease Lightning, You're The One That I want, Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee. All great fun. Franki Valli (he of Four Seasons fame) sang the theme. Oh, I could go on about this musical but its legacy and huge love (except for Pookie) clearly makes this number 1 by a mile. Channel 4's Top 100 musicals also rated it number 1, so I'm just giving that poll the seal of approval. Grease truly is the word.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Booooooooooo-Hssssssssss-Booooo

Pah.

B*ll*x.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home